Sunday, May 16, 2021

I Cleared the Last Sand Trap

Outside observers may think I'm playing games when it comes to financial freedom.  They're right.  What they may miss in their assessment is that I do consider it serious business.  It's a business I've failed at most of my life.  I came up with a game several years ago named Par for the Course to help me reach my most elusive goal, 100% freedom from debt. I'm on the 29th hole (month) of 36 today and I'm happy to say I cleared the last and perhaps most challenging hazard on the course – income taxes.  Due to the pandemic, Uncle Sam deferred this hazard normally found in the middle of the month of April.  This gave me an extra month to work on my game and improve my swing.  I now have a clear path to the 36th hole.  This coincides with the release of two book titles.  I'll be sharing more about the lessons learned when it comes to debt reduction.  There is this feeling of excitement welling up inside me.  Thank you for the opportunity to share my progress with you today.  Uncle Sam is highly unpredictable.  He believes money grows on trees.  I don't.  Borrowing money has consequences.  Our children and grandchildren will not consider Uncle Sam as their favorite uncle even though he may be popular with his "gifts."  Have a great day.

No comments: