Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Congrats to an All-American from a Top-Notch Tennis Family

 Jess Failla made it to the round of 16 with a convincing 6-0, 6-0 win in the second round of the College Woman's NCAA Singles Tournament.  This earned her All-American status.  I'm giving her a shout-out today because she inspires everyone she encounters and she demonstrates what's possible when you put your heart into everything you do.  Not only is she a champion on the courts, she's a champion in the classroom as well, graduating with two masters degrees.  I knew her family and cheered for her all the way back to her high school days where she grew up in my old Southern California neighborhood.  Her mom and dad, both tennis pros, worked me hard on the tennis courts when they were tasked with tuning our team up for competitive tournaments.  Her uncle, also a tennis pro, once worked for Peter Burwash, one of my tennis mentors.  Jess's siblings also play tennis.  This family is about at top-notch as it gets.  I'm thankful our paths crossed and for all I learned from them.

Keep up the good work, Jess.  God has big plans for you.  Your fans are proud of you.  Have a great day.

No comments: