Friday, May 28, 2021

Inside My Mulligan Stew

The original recipe for Mulligan stew was crafted over one hundred years by hobos.  They came together, each with a contribution to this community meal.  I have my own version.  It's not really a stew but it's based on the idea that you toss in various ingredients you have in your fridge.  My Mulligan stew is really a Mulligan smoothie with some ancient grains and yogurt on the side.  There are some powders and supplements to make sure I get the nutrition that may have been lacking in the hobo diet.

The Smoothie

The green side includes 1/2 avocado, 1/2 stalk of celery, and a cup of spinach.

Toss in an orange, banana, and 1/2 cup of pineapple.  Blend at high speed.

While blending, add a tablespoon of chia seed.  Enjoy.  There is enough Mulligan smoothie to share with a friend or store in the fridge for the next day.

The Supplements

These supplements are based on what I'm learning from David Sinclair, a research scientist who specializes in longevity.  You can do your own research to for details on what these supplements may or may not do for you.  Check with your doctor for advice before trying this at home.

NMN (I take gram in a powder form mixed in my yogurt)

Trans-resveratrol (I take one gram in powder form mixed in my yogurt)

Quercetin (500mg)

TMG (750mg)

Vitamin D3 (2,000 IU)

Don't forget to get some sunshine and plenty of exercise.  Man cannot live on Mulligan stew alone.  Find your own community of hobos to hang out with.  Sharing your meals will give you peace of mind.  Have a great day.

No comments: