Wednesday, December 16, 2015

What's in Your Forecast for 2016?


I'm surprised how the weather patterns changed late in the year.  My friends in Arizona and California are dealing with snow and cold weather while I'm enjoying the green grass here in the Midwest.  Our attitudes are like the weather – they don't always match our expectations.  They start out sunny and bright in January but turn cold when the fog rolls in and we lose sight of our goals.  Some have failed so terribly at predicting their achievements for each new year that they don't even try.  I have an idea to help you make 2016 your best year ever.  Ready?  Here goes:
  1. Expect storms.  Either you're already in one or there's one just past the horizon.  It doesn't matter where you live.  When a storm hits, you're not going to be the one with that deer in the headlights look.  You're the one who stays focused on getting through the storm and you have a plan.  You're thankful you avoided credit card spending during the sunny days.
  2. Your attitude forecast isn't tied to the weather.  I'm having the time of my life right now because I set up an exercise program that works even in stormy weather.  While many others are hibernating this time of year,  I'm swimming and playing tennis indoors.  There is no way Mother Nature can ice my plans to reach my fitness goals.
  3. The only goals you can't reach are the ones you don't set.  Don't let your past blunders stop you from trying again.  For example, if you failed in the past to reach your weight loss goals, instead of giving up, why not try a different strategy?  Don't call your weight loss target a goal.  Make it a food experiment.  Give up processed foods for 21 days, drink one or two glasses of wine a day and fill your shopping cart with fruits, veggies and nuts.  All you have to do is shop properly for three weeks and you will drop pounds without even thinking about it.  If the food experiment works for you, keep doing it for the rest of the year.
Have a great day.  I hope you feel good about your outlook for 2016.  I'm betting you're going to have your best year ever.

No comments: