Thursday, December 17, 2015

Queen of Hearts


I'm feeling a lot like that poker player who nearly lost it all in the early rounds and stayed in the game long enough to find new life.  There's wisdom knowing when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em.  You can't win unless you learn to let go of things.  Four years ago I looked at my cards and did my best to keep a poker face on in spite of a losing hand.  The sharks smelled blood in the water.  The queen of hearts appeared to be smiling back at me.  A tiny voice inside my head said "discard everything but your queen of hearts and go all in."  I listened.  It was a gutsy move. 

My queen of hearts is still smiling.  We have much to be thankful for.  I appreciate all the people in my life, especially my wife, who encouraged me when the chips were down.  Don't ever give up.  Life is good.  It's like a fine wine that gets better with age.  And the best is yet to come.  I'm a believer.  Have a great day.

No comments: