Saturday, December 5, 2015

It's okay if you don't get many things right the first time

The first time I played tennis the balls were flying everywhere except over the net.  And the first time I tried to sell a tennis membership in my first job out of college, my voice raised an octave when I asked for the sale.  I told my boss I would do better.  I've been married for more than a quarter of a century and I'm still working at mastering the art of love.  Maybe that's why Ben Fold's song, "The Luckiest," resonates so much with me.  I can relate.  The lyrics start out like this: 

I don't get many things right the first time
in fact, I am told that a lot.

Sound familiar?  Don't give up.  I'm going to share more about why I feel like one of the luckiest people on the planet soon.  For now, take a look at this YouTube video and use it to motivate yourself to keep practicing.  In the end, what matters is that you remain committed to your goals and that you refuse to quit no matter how many times you fail.  Have a great day.




No comments: