Worry – a state of anxiety and uncertainty over actual or potential problems.
You can't make your problems go away unless they're self-inflicted and you're willing to make changes in your life to eliminate the root cause but you can reduce your worries about the problems in five minutes. Ready? Here you go:
- Make a list of all the things you're worried about.
- Put a yes next to the worries on your list you have control over.
- Put a no next to the worries on your list you have no control over.
- Set the timer for five minutes and use that time to decide what changes you're going to make for any worry marked yes.
- When the timer goes off, get busy working on your list of changes. Tell yourself you don't have time to dwell on any worries marked no. The "no worries" are preventing you from the "yes challenges." The yes challenges lead to solutions.