Sunday, May 11, 2014

Why God Made Mothers

Mother's Day is special, not only for all the moms, but for those who want to express their love for their mothers.  This is our chance to let our moms, spouses, daughters, sisters, aunts, cousins and in-laws know how much we love and cherish them.  This is a day for all of us to recognize just how special the ladies in our lives really are.  This is why God created mothers – to show us a tiny glimpse into Heaven.  Mothers have a way of seeing the good in us, even when we have trouble seeing it in ourselves.  Mothers know how to forgive.  They know how to love unconditionally.  They never stop praying.  They make countless sacrifices.  They inspire us to be better.  I am who I am today because of my loving mother.

I have the perfect answer when a non-believer asks, "Is God real?"  All I need to do is to introduce them to my mother.  And if they ask why, here is my answer..."God made mothers so we can remove any doubt in our minds that there is an all-loving God."

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms in this world.  And to my mother:  Mom, there is a special place reserved in Heaven for you.  I'm thankful for all you do, most especially your constant prayers for your children.  You have God's ear.  He has blessed you abundantly and He has given me a special wife who also knows what love is.  Mom, I do have one favor to ask you.  There are some people close to me who are struggling today because their relationships with their own mothers are broken.  Will you please pray for them today?  Please help them to heal.  May God bless you all the days of your life.  Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: