Friday, May 30, 2014

There's a New Deputy in Town


Her birthday card was on her nightstand when she woke up this morning.  She didn't know about the conversation I had with the cashier the day before.  "I think you're making a mistake," I told her when I saw the screen.

"All our cards are 99 cents," she replied.  I paid for the card and added a message before sealing it up.  When my love opened it this morning, she was secretly hoping I got the deal.  It's funny how much alike we are becoming after nearly twenty-five years of marriage.  We both share the same dreams.  I truly believe we are on the same page.

Besides celebrating her birthday today, my wife is saying good-bye to her boss who is retiring at the recorder's office.  The current deputy will be sworn in this morning as recorder and my wife will be promoted to deputy.  Congratulations, my love.  This will be an exciting new chapter in your life.  Happy Birthday.  May all your dreams come true.  Mine already did on the day you said yes. 

No comments: