Most people I know never win the blame game. They don't understand the rules. I admit it took me decades to figure out how to win. It has many similarities to the game of chess. There are patterns and strategies. In chess, you know the game is over when someone's king is defeated. In the blame game, neither side is likely to admit defeat. The game goes on and on, sometimes passed on to future generations. Here are some examples:
- "I'm unemployed because the economy stinks. All the good jobs got shipped overseas."
- "I'm in this mess because I married a loser."
- "My dog pees in the house because it's stupid."
- "I don't have any friends because no one wants to listen to all my problems."
- "I didn't get the promotion because the boss plays favorites."
- "It's my parents fault. They didn't send me to the right school."
You can master the blame game today. Remember to point your finger at the man in the mirror. Please share your results in the comment section below. If you know someone who could benefit from today's story, please share it. Thanks for visiting.