Monday, May 19, 2014

Congratulations to our son, Shane Mulligan



Our youngest son is officially a high school graduate.  We celebrated yesterday with family members from my wife's side of the family.  I fired up the Weber barbecue grill, a parting gift from my dad, and we served burgers and brats to numerous guests, including my wife's aunt Inez, the matriarch of her family who taught school for many years before retirement.  It was one of the best weekends of my life.

I'm thankful for all three of our adult children.  Shane is our youngest.  This weekend he reminded me that each of us on this planet has a destiny.  He is the only member of his graduating class to choose the specific path he is on now.  I'm not at liberty to share his plans until he gives me permission.  All I can say is we are proud parents.  Congratulations, Shane.  May you and all your peers enjoy the next chapter of your lives.  Your world is an open book and it's time for you to fill up the pages.  God bless you and all the graduates from all over the world. 

No comments: