Thursday, May 22, 2014

Small Successes Are Your Kindling


Are you having trouble getting big wins in your life?  Take a look at the champions – the achievers who make everything look so easy.  What is it that separates them from the rest of the pack?  They understand that if you want to light a fire, you have to start with the kindling.  They seek out small successes and build from there.  And if the flames get snuffed out they start over.   They refuse to give up.  Each small success fuels the flames.  Finally, there is a blaze of glory.  The wildfire inspires others to reach new heights.

I'm following my own advice in my personal life.  The debt dragon has been spewing flames at me from his over-size nostrils.  I'm going to slay him.  It's back to the basics.  My plan is to build my own fire using my small successes.  One day he will go up in flames.  It starts with the kindling. 

What area of your life needs a spark today?  Why not find a few twigs and strike a match? Let me know the results.

No comments: