Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Get Your Spiritual Alignment Checked


There may be a simple reason why you're finding yourself veering off course – your spiritual alignment needs adjusting.  If you're not sure about this problem, ask yourself this:  "Am I reaching my goals?"  And if you're responding, "What goals?" today's story is especially for you.

I have spent the majority of my life trying to figure out just exactly why I'm here and what I'm supposed to be doing.  I've veered off-course so many times I've worn out my Mulligan surname which means "do over."  Do overs are okay as long as you finally figure out how to get yourself aligned with God's plans for your life.  Here are some lessons I learned about how to do that:
  1. Prayer.  It's a great use of your time to talk to God.  Listening is the most important part.  No.  You may not hear voices in your head.  Yes.  You will receive clues.  It's like playing the game, hot or cold.  The person who knows where the object is that you're looking for yells hot or cold depending on which direction you're going in.  God will do the same thing for you if you ask.
  2. Don't make it about you – make it about the One you serve.  Your main reason for being here is for the people around you.  The less selfish you become, the better your spiritual alignment will be.
  3. No matter how bad your spiritual alignment may be, it's fixable.
  4. Seek professional help once you recognize you need a spiritual alignment.  The best expert I know is the Holy Spirit.  It's like putting your conscience under a scanner.  The results will help you straighten out your life.
  5. Don't follow anyone who is off-course.  That's like seeking marriage counseling from someone who has been married five times.  I like to go to the source for my answers.  That's why prayer works so well.  Jesus knows the way.  Let Him be your guide.
I recommend you get your spiritual alignment checked at regular intervals.  God knows I need all the help I can get and I'm not afraid to ask him to keep my life on the right path.  Have a great day.

No comments: