Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Change Your Life in Three Sentences


One of my friends sent me a Facebook text message yesterday.  He asked, What happened?  He had been following my journey and wanted to know more details.  I thought about the 1,600+ blog stories and wondered what had been left out.  Then it hit me.  My buddy really wasn't asking what happened.  He really wanted to know why.  The why question is deeper.  It reveals so much more.  If you can fill in the blanks, you can change your life in three sentences.  Are you ready?  Here goes:

  1. The reason I'm here on this planet is because  (fill in the blank).
  2. I'm happiest when I'm doing these activities  (fill in the blank).
  3. When I'm no longer here I want to be remembered for (fill in the blank).
Once I discovered why I'm here, what I'm happiest doing, and how I want to be remembered, I changed course.  I'm here because my mission in life is to help you and others like you find your answers. I'm here to help you fill in the blanks.  I'm happiest when I write these daily messages which are designed to help you discover who you are.  And I want to be remembered for being a loving husband, loving father and for being a contributor.  In order to change my life in three sentences, I needed to fill in the blanks.  That's what happened.  And it can happen to you, too.  Just finish those three sentences.  Fill in the blanks. 


No comments: