Monday, April 28, 2014

Here's What Happens When You Stop Complaining


People who always find something to complain about have one thing in common – they're unhappy.  The reason for this is simple.  They focus on everything that is wrong and overlook what is right.  They dwell on the bad weather and miss the silver lining in the clouds.  I took this picture on my way home from my day job yesterday at sunset.  Hours before I shot this we were under a tornado watch.  I wonder how many people looked up after the storm and witnessed this beautiful sunset.  Yes, that's what happens when you stop complaining.  You look up.  You see everything good in this world.

Every day when I'm driving on the interstate, I resolve to do one thing – to forget about anything that may be disturbing my peace.  That means I leave my troubles behind me.  I refuse to complain about anything.  It works.  Try it for thirty days and see what happens to your relationships. 

No comments: