Friday, April 18, 2014

Yes, it's Good Friday

"The tower is back up for our internet," my wife said when I came home last night.  Her message was a false alarm.  Once again, I called my provider for an update.  We're on a first name basis.  "Four towers went down when the storm hit your area and we just got one working.  Unfortunately, I can't connect you to the one that's working because you're home is out of range."

"Any ideas when I will have internet again?" I asked.  There was no confidence in his voice.  "Happy Easter," I said, hanging up the phone.

Today is Good Friday.  People may wonder, How can this be good when it's the day Jesus dies?"

Three out of four towers in my neighborhood are down but that doesn't change all the good in my life.  That storm that came through my hometown produced a tornado that touched down just miles from my day job. I walked outside and watched the winds swirling in all directions and said a prayer that we would all be safe.  The tornado hit an unpopulated area.  The only casualty is the minor inconvenience of no internet. There are more important things to focus on today, like the storm Jesus went through on the first Good Friday.

Keep that in mind today.  Sunday's coming.  Jesus conquered the mother of all storms, death.  Yes, today is a good day.

No comments: