Creative people don't usually paint inside the lines. They seek exceptions to the rules. They rebel against the norms of society. You may often find them out on a limb. They seem comfortable there. They enjoy living on the edge. If you ask them for identification, most likely they will pull out their artistic license. I decided to get mine when I started writing. Here are some advantages of owning one:
- There are no limits to what you can achieve.
- The only boundaries you have are set by your own imagination.
- You cannot be cited for ignoring the rules because there are no rules to follow in fiction. Everything and everyone is make-believe. Any relation to real people is purely a coincidence.
- You can't offend anyone because all your characters are fictional.
- You don't need to ask anyone for permission when you're writing fairy tales unless they're fairies. So far, I haven't met any real-life fairies so I'm safe.