Wednesday, April 30, 2014

How I Found My Writing Voice

Everyone has a voice.  I'm not referring to vocal cords, I'm speaking about an inner voice unique to each individual on the planet.  Your voice is your talent or set of talents and no two people are exactly alike.  That's why sharing your voice is so important.  You have something to offer that only you can give.  There are several ways to find your voice if you haven't already.  Perhaps the easiest way to discover your voice is to ask your friends or loved ones.  Sometimes they can experience it before you find it on your own.  They are attracted to you because they feel something special when they see, hear, feel, smell or taste your talent, especially when you invest time refining your unique gifts.

Another way to find your voice is to keep track of how you feel each time you are using your talents.  If you lose track of time because you are doing something you love, you are using your voice.  That's what happened to me when I started writing.   It happens when I'm coaching others.  And when I can write about subjects that help others find their voice, I get this giddy feeling inside me because I'm using my talents in harmony.  It's like adding musical instruments to a song you enjoy listening to.

Monthly Page Views
I found my voice by accident.  There was this nudge inside of me one morning over 1,700 days ago.  I got out of bed and started this blog.  I had no idea anyone else would want to read my stories.  The best part about my journey is getting feedback from people who are positively affected by what I share here. 

This month is another record.  I'm celebrating 30,000+ page views for April, more than double the number of page views from one year ago.  If you have any special requests, please email me and I will do my best to answer you in a future blog story.  I would love to hear your voice.  Please share a little bit about your unique gift(s) in the comments section and let me know how you plan to share your talent(s) with the world.

Thank you for allowing me to share my life with you.  Thanks also for encouraging me to keep using my writing voice. 

No comments: