Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Lasso the Moon


Lately, I'm really enjoying all things black and white.  Most of the photos and videos in the collection my cousin Mary and aunt Teresa sent me are from the old days before color photography was available.  And the movie classics, like "It's a Wonderful Life," offer simple life lessons best viewed in the original format.

On Christmas day, I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" with my wife and children.  My favorite scene features George Bailey throwing rocks at a dilapidated house, wishing to see the world.  The woman of his dreams is standing right in front of him and he is too blind to notice.  She has dreams, too, but won't share.  George offers to lasso the moon and give it to her.

You may never know how many lives you affect.  George needed an angel to show him what the world would have been like if he was never born.  He discovered he had a wonderful life.  He learned no man is a failure who has friends.  He found a way to lasso the moon.  That is my wish for you today... that you find a way to lasso the moon and live your life to its fullest.


No comments: