Saturday, December 29, 2012

Did You Pass the Test?


Final exams for this year are coming to a conclusion.  A new semester of life begins on January 1.  I will never forget a message I wrote my economics instructor on my self-evaluation.  My B on my final guaranteed a B grade.  The last assignment was to turn in my own opinion of what I learned.  I shared from my heart about important lessons I learned and thanked him for all he taught me.  In terms of what I learned, I told him my opinion was an A.  He agreed and upgraded my report card.

There are many times in my life when my letter grades do not reflect my potential.  God doesn't evaluate us based on our mistakes.  Instead, He judges based on matters of the heart.  It's really all about our relationship with Him and with others.  The last thing on earth I want is to receive an "incomplete" on final exam day. I must live every day to its fullest.  I refuse to dwell on my past errors and choose to stay in the school of life until my Professor tells me it's graduation time.

Are you looking for a good New Year's resolution for 2013? You are welcome to copy mine:

I resolve to learn something new every day in the New Year and every year that follows and to share my experiences with others.

No comments: