We didn't set up a Nativity scene outside our home this year...it was one of many boxes we donated when we ran out of space in the moving truck. Our zero-lot home doesn't have enough room in the front yard for the Holy Family either. It's been 2,000 years since Jesus was crowded out for His birth and it appears not much has changed in modern times...still no room for Jesus. Looks like there's plenty of space for non-believers to promote their point-of-view on billboards during the Holidays. With all the recent tragic events going on, even some believers may be asking, "are you real, Jesus?"
Here are some reasons to celebrate this season:
- And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ~ Luke 2:10. This message is for all people and for all times. God doesn't use flashy billboards to announce the birth of His Son, He prefers Angels.
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. ~ John 3:16.
- "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"--which means, "God with us." ~ Matthew 1:23.
- Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my kingdom is from another place." ~ John 18:36. This world Jesus speaks of is now open for anyone who believes in Him and who follows Him. It all started with His birth in a manger. He did this for you.
- And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” ~ Revelation 21:5.