Thursday, December 13, 2012

What Do Angels Do?


The road block on the way to work was annoying.  Police cars lined the intersection just blocks from my work and nobody could get through.  Black smoke rose up near the building where I was employed in San Diego.  There were no survivors.  I parked my car and jogged to work.  It was an ugly scene.  A small plane undershot the runway and crashed on the busy street just before sunrise.  I immediately thought of one of my buddies who commuted to work about a half hour ahead of me.  He was nowhere to be found.  I panicked wondering if the plane crashed into him.

My buddy showed up late for work, the first time ever in all his years of service.  He said his alarm clock didn't go off.  We calculated the time of the plane crash and estimated he would have been in the exact spot where the plane hit the ground if he followed his normal routine.

That's what Angels do.  They are on a mission to carry out God's plan for our lives.  They intervene when necessary.  They warn of danger.  They announce.  They minister.  They turn off alarm clocks when necessary to keep us out of harm's way.  They are capable of taking the human form when they need to get our attention.

Angels witnessed the birth of Jesus.  They love giving praise to God.  They cheer for us when we choose to invite Jesus into our hearts.  They are willing to help out in a crisis.  Keep that in mind the next time you pray to God for help.  Your answer may come from one of God's angels.

No comments: