Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Impossible Dream

Four years ago my wife had a dream.  Every day she began her morning prayers with a request for this dream to come true.  I don't have enough fingers and toes to count all the reasons why this dream was impossible.  Funny thing about impossible dreams - where there is faith, even impossible dreams are possible.

My wife and I are now living the impossible dream.  God answered her prayers.  I'm a witness to the power of my wife's prayers.  Not only am I a witness, I'm also a beneficiary.  My children are also a part of the impossible dream.

After nearly 23 years of marriage, you would think I know better than to place limits on God's power.  I do believe in the power of love and I'm beginning to grasp the power of faith.  Everything the prophets and the Gospel writers talk about is true.  There is an all-powerful, all-loving God who listens to your every prayer request, no matter how small or insignificant you feel it is.  And He knows the perfect time to answer your prayers.  You are so special in His eyes.  He will move mountains for you so that your dreams can come true.  Don't ever stop believing.  There is no such thing as an impossible dream.

What "impossible" dream did you give to God that He answered?  Please comment below.

No comments: