- Utilize free services for letting go of toxic materials in your garage. This keeps the environment safe.
- Go on a one year spending fast. This is not easy, however, if you only purchase items you need rather than frivolous wants, you will avoid out of control spending.
- Make a list of all the recurring bills you have each month and cut out anything you can live without.
- Find an accountability partner and call them any time you are tempted to buy something you don't need. Do the same for your accountability partner when they get the urge to splurge.
- Change your routine. Instead of shopping, replace this activity with a new habit, like exercising.
How are you doing in the downsizing department? Is there anything in your life you wish to cut back on? Join me and maybe we can both hold each other accountable. Your comments are welcome below.