Thursday, March 8, 2012

Are We There Yet?

When my oldest son could barely talk, he discovered Barney.  We were on a road trip to Minnesota to visit relatives and my son listened to Barney over and over during the entire trip from Iowa to Minnesota.  After two hours of torture, my son fell asleep and we turned off the cassette.  Suddenly, he awoke screaming, "Barney, Barney!"

I'm on the road again.  Thank God Barney mysteriously disappeared a long time ago.  This road trip is the longest one I've ever taken.  Even though Barney is long gone, I have a new travel buddy named Wilson.  If he could talk, he'd be asking, "are we there yet?"

I don't know which is more annoying, Barney or the "are we there yet" question.  I will be blogging about this road trip as soon as we get settled in.

What is your favorite (or least favorite) road trip memory?  Please share in the comment section below.  And if you can't get that Barney song out of your head, sorry.


No comments: