Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Are You Fuming Over Gas Prices?

Driving from California to Iowa in a moving truck while towing a car, I averaged 9 miles per gallon.  The strong tail wind that started in Arizona helped me and the gas prices decreased drastically once I crossed the state lines at the California border.

I habitually grab the regular unleaded when I pump my gas, however, there is an interesting thing about Iowa gas.  Super unleaded is cheaper than regular unleaded.  This has to do with the ethanol used in the higher octane gas.  With Iowa gas prices in the $3.73 range this week, some Iowans are complaining.  My California friends are nervous about approaching the $5.00 per gallon mark.

I'm going to be learning more about the ethanol experiment going on in Iowa and sharing my findings here on a future update.  How are the gas prices in your state?  Do you have any ideas about how to cope with rising gas prices?  Please comment below.

No comments: