Friday, March 30, 2012

Are You Living On A Prayer?

I knew my wife's aunt was concerned about me when she walked over to tell me about a factory job that just opened up.  Here she was, mourning the loss of her younger brother on the day of his funeral, and she was taking the time to learn about my job search efforts.  Yes, I'm impressed with my wife's family, and at 90 years young, Inez is still the mother hen.

During my morning prayers, the Bon Jovi song, Livin' on a Prayer, came to mind.  The part of the song I focused on was "Whooah, we're half way there."  I'm in awe at this amazing journey I'm on with my family.  Jesus is so real for me at this stage of my life.  I can almost see His hand reaching down from Heaven as He tells me, "Take my hand, we'll make it - I swear."

My other hand is already permanently attached to my wife and we both realize we are already half way there.  We've been living on prayers are whole lives together.  This new chapter of our lives is incredible.  Stay tuned.  I will be writing more about it as it unfolds before my family and me.

How about you?  Are you living on a prayer today?  Are you half-way there?  Your comments are welcome below.  If you would like to see a video of Bon Jovi's song, click on it below.


No comments: