Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Special Request from the Jack Lalanne Family

After hearing of Jack Lalanne's passing,  I sent an e-mail to one of Jack's employees offering my condolences and prayers for his staff members and his family. The family answered my e-mail and made one request of me. They told me that if I wanted to do something special for Jack that I should add one extra hour per day of exercise to my routine. The family said that this is all Jack ever wanted, for people to become healthier. They told me that if I did this, it would please him enormously and it would be good for me as well.

This kind gesture from the family touches my heart, especially when I know they are mourning his loss. They still took time out of their schedules to write me. I am passing the family's request along to all my blog readers. His advice is too powerful to keep to myself.

Do yourself a favor and add one more hour of exercise to your daily routine. Some of you will argue with me on this. You will tell me that your plate is too full and that you are too busy. I challenge you to take a good hard look at how you spend the waking hours of your day. If you are honest with yourself, I bet you can find at least one hour that lacks useful productivity, like watching TV.

As for me, I will honor the family's request. Each day that I exercise, I will think of my friend Jack, Angel #96. I hope you do the same.  RIP, my friend.

Ready to start exercising?  Here's a thought...start with small changes, like taking the stairs instead of the escalator.  Remember this, exercise can be FUN.  Check out the video clip below.

No comments: