Monday, January 17, 2011

Dealing With the Loss of a Loved One

 I am attending a funeral this morning for my good friend Joyce.   There is a part of me that is hurting. It reminds me of the time I said goodbye to my father. Sure, when people die,  I know they are merely going through a doorway to an afterlife that no words can describe. The sadness I feel inside is related to the void that these people leave behind them when they depart.

There is no easy way to deal with the loss of a loved one. Each of us needs to go through a step-by-step process. We can try to bury our feelings and ignore how we truly feel, however, I don't recommend this. Perhaps, the best advice that I can offer today is to encourage you to work on the relationships that you have with the people around you.

If you are suffering the loss of a loved one, my prayers go out to you. Keep in mind that you will be reunited one day and know that you are not alone.

No comments: