Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Red Alert

The LORD will march out like a mighty man, like a warrior he will stir up his zeal; with a shout he will raise the battle cry and will triumph over his enemies. ~ Isaiah 42:13

Last night I had trouble sleeping. I tossed and turned, thinking about everything that is on my plate right now. Any time that I feel doubt or confusion, I know exactly where this is coming from. Even though I find myself in deep prayer throughout the day and I am surrounded by a special group of prayer warriors, the Evil One always seems to find a way to infiltrate my defenses.

There is only one way to battle the Evil One. I must declare “Red Alert”! I must separate myself completely from all distractions except for the priorities which are on my calendar. It's time to re-enter the cave armed with my Bible and my sandbox writing tools. When I come out of the cave, I will present the completed manuscript to my writers group for editing so that this book will be published on time.

I will continue to keep in touch with you daily on this blog as this is part of my promise to God, “to publish daily all the good that Jesus is doing in my life.” I am requesting your prayers today and everyday from now until March 17th. On that day, I will cancel the red alert and raise my eyes to the heavens, thanking God for holding me up on this incredible journey, and thanking you for holding my hand along the way.

No comments: