Saturday, January 15, 2011

Confluence

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and whoever captures souls is wise. ~ Proverbs 11:30

I have reached a point in my life where there is some sort of confluence, that is, a coming together of people that lived apart from one another. These people are not limited to friends and family. Some of these people were once my most formidable opponents.

I find it ironic that the individual responsible for signing checks related to business that I conduct in Mexico is the same person who once led a team of mighty warriors who tried to annihilate our fledgling business. The managing partner charged with running my business was once my greatest nemesis. He is now the one who gives me the best advice on parenting because he cares about my family. He is now part of my inner circle and I trust him 100% to make the best decisions for the future of our company.

Another business partner has God's ear. When I find myself backed into a corner, I go to him and ask for specific prayers. His track record with God is unblemished because his heart is pure. Yesterday,   I called him within 15 minutes of my prayer request to let him know that the prayer had already been answered.

A third business partner is the committee chair for a dinner, dance, auction at her church. Like me, her plate is full. She was once a fierce competitor. When we launched Zoom, she called and asked to join the team. A year later, we brought her aboard. After making significant contributions to the company, the partners voted unanimously to elevate her to the partner level.

Recently, we made room for another employee who has been in the print business for many years. His background is similar to ours and he has attempted several entrepreneurial projects. When the time is right, we will help him reach his full potential and he will help us reach ours when we expand to new levels.

There are a couple of people on my tennis team who do not know the Lord. They are some of the brightest people that I know. Sometimes, a high intelligence can interfere in one's search for the Creator. One of these atheists promised me that they will team up to win me over to their point of view. I invited them to the dinner, dance, auction at my church next month. Should they accept my invitation, a door will be opened and they will be given the opportunity to mingle with people who share my point of view. Some people may argue that mixing believers and nonbelievers together may be hazardous. My answer to that concern is to point back to Jesus. His greatest followers were the ones who once lived on the fringes of society. Jesus has a special place in his heart for the lost and the fallen and so do I. They will always be welcome in my home and in my church.  I cannot imagine spending eternity without these special friends.

On Monday, my wife and I will be attending a funeral service for the newest angel in the outfield, Angel number 84, Joyce Kirkpatrick. She and her son have impacted so many lives. On Monday, there will be a convergence of many people from my past and present.

No longer is my life discombobulated as it was when I lived in the cave. There is a confluence now. Streams of people from all parts of my life are coming together to form a mighty river. We represent the living water that is flowing back to the Creator. There is room for you to join us. I will warn you,  there are some stage 5 rapids ahead. None of us will drown as long as we stick together. Jump in.

No comments: