Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Knots Prayer

 The Knots Prayer ~ anonymous

Dear God,
please untie the knots
that are in my mind,
my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots,
the
can nots and the do nots
that I have in my mind.

Erase the
will nots,
may nots, and
might nots that find
a home in my heart.

Release me from the
could nots,
would nots and
should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all, dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind
my heart and my life all of the
am nots
that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought
that I am not good enough.

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael,

Thank you for posting this. It was very uplifting. I just read it to your Mom and my parents at the lovely breakfast she just treated us to. It was a perfect complement to the service we just attended together at The Fransiscan Renewal Center (www.TheCasa.org). Keep up the exceptionally positive writing/ inspiration with your blog and it's path to becoming a book to help people.

Your cousin,
Johnny Rubalcaba
www.Rubalcabas.com

Michael Mulligan said...

Thank you cousin, for your positive feedback. Yes, the Franciscan Renewal Center is one of my favorite places. I am glad that you got to spend some quality time with my mother today.

My mother will be the first one to tell you that I am not the fastest typist. In order to accelerate the process of writing, I just purchased a new laptop and voice recognition software. I can't believe my eyes, however, this response to you is hands-free. I feel like I am in the twilight zone. I look forward to spending quality time with you in the future.

Once the book is complete, I will have free time again and look forward to seeing you. Please give hugs to your family. A