Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sizing Up the Enemy

Today's post is dedicated to my Arizona friend, Debbie,  who is winning the battle against breast cancer.   Cancer is a difficult enemy, however, it can be defeated. I got the opportunity to visit with Debbie after the funeral service. Debbie shared with me her memories of bringing problems to me just to see what kind of solution I would offer. No matter how difficult the challenge, I always had an answer for her.

The key to winning the battle against an oversize enemy is to avoid looking at him too long. In the David versus Goliath story, David ran to his enemy before he got the opportunity to see just how big was.  At Zoom, we avoid spending too much time looking at the enemy. So far,  This has worked very well for us in our legal battles. To date, we have been victorious in court 100% of the time.

The next time you are confronted with an enemy, charge forward. The longer you stare at him, the bigger he will get.  Don't worry how big he is, that just means that when he does fall, he will fall hard.  Be courageous.  Like my friend Debbie, you can win.  You must be willing to enter the battlefield and face your opponent.  No matter how big he is, the God behind you is much bigger.  Fight on!

No comments: