Monday, November 6, 2023

When Your Life is an Obstacle Course

 If you're like me, you enjoy plotting courses, setting up mile stones, and sailing along happily from one point to the next.  Life is so good.  Suddenly, an obstacle appears.  It may be a detour along a familiar route.  It could be an accident.  Perhaps it shows up as an unexpected medical diagnosis.  You may ask yourself, why?

I understand the obstacle course.  For me, detours are becoming the norm.  I hear people tell me they avoid mistakes at all costs because they dislike failure.  The older I get the more I realize obstacles should be expected every single time you stretch yourself beyond your comfort zone.

The only finish line that matters is the one you cross upon your death.  There is no actual time you can plan for.  There are no obstacles you can plan for as they are random.  What you can do is decide each obstacle is there for you to grow and hone your own abilities.  More obstacles means more growth.  

Embrace your obstacles.  You may be surprised when you meet your Maker and God says, "Welcome home.  You're exactly on time."

Have a great day.

No comments: