Saturday, November 11, 2023

Passegiatta

 


The gentleman you see pictured with my mother is her older brother, Victor, one of the kindest people on the planet.  He is one of many people in my family who are celebrating Veteran's Day today.  If you are a veteran or you are in a military family, this is your day.

Recently my wife and I traveled to Dubuque to visit my uncle, his wife, and their oldest son while they were vacationing from Arizona.  After dinner we took a stroll along the Mississippi River known as passegiatta.  We recalled great memories being together at the holidays.  It was a special time for all of us.

The other day my uncle did something he's probably never done before, an unplanned helicopter ride.  There wasn't any time to chat like our passegiatta because every second mattered to get to a very important destination, a nearby hospital where another cousin on my dad's side of the family works.

I would like to thank my cousin for keeping us updated about our uncle's progress since his surprise visit to the hospital.  It may be a while before he returns to his after dinner walks with his bride from Iowa, but I know my uncle is getting first class treatment all veterans deserve.

Thank a vet today.  I'm sure my wife will enjoy her passegiatta with our youngest son who joined the ranks of veterans who gave us the opportunity to be free.  Happy Veteran's Day.  Have a great day.

No comments: