Tuesday, November 7, 2023

When Dissatisfaction Inspires Change

 Can you remember your last customer service experience that made you so red hot you wanted to explode?   This happened to me yesterday on my day off.   There were a series of minor customer annoyances prior to my Mount St. Helen eruption near the end of my day.  I'll leave company names out as I prefer not to bad mouth others.

For the sake of anonymity, let's simply say I believe company A changed their discount rules so that I would have to pay more in fees.  As a lifelong frugalite, I made sure I followed the guidelines in order to maintain my lower rate.  The email notifying me of higher fees didn't sit well so I placed a phone call.  Two hours passed before I was connected to the right person.  By the time we were done I went from a decades-long raving fan to an Alcatraz prisoner in desparate need of a more customer-oriented business to patronize.

I'm actively seeking a better solution.  The time I spent on the phone helped me understand how my current company A views me.  This is an investment that will help me surround myself with companies that care about me enough to listen when I point out weaknesses in their ways of interacting.   It will be interesting to see if some of the feedback I gave company A will be implemented.  Have a great day.

No comments: