Wednesday, November 1, 2023

The 4th Time Jesus Fell



If you know the Bible, you understand that Jesus fell three times while carrying the Cross before he was crucified.   I picked up a hand-made cross made out of burl wood while visiting Sedona a couple of weeks ago.  The artist who made the Cross explained how this wood becomes stressed from something like a worm or bacteria that invades the tree while it's growing.  The artist explained how challenging it is to work with this type of wood because of all the abnormalities.  Even the branches are twisted and contorted.

Sadly, the Cross fell because the adhesive failed after I mounted it on a wall at the entrance to my home office.  I glued everything back together and placed the Cross back on the wall.

Jesus falling three times while carrying his cross and one more time in my office reminds me of all the times I fall and get back up.  Hopefully, there will be no more falls with this unique Cross overlooking my daily pursuits.  Have a great day.

No comments: