Friday, November 24, 2023

Five to Beam Up

Imagine you're on the maiden voyage of the Titanic.  You're traveling first class.  Every amenity you can think of is at your fingertips.  The unthinkable happens.  You hit an iceberg and you're sinking.  There aren't enough lifeboats to save everyone.  All you want to do is save your family.  

While my personal situation may not be life or death, I did have a customer service encounter recently similar to the Titanic scenario.  I was a raving fan for over a decade.  My every need was fulfilled for me and my family.  I had access to all the bells and whistles.  A new CEO took over the helm of my cell phone provider.  Changes were made behind the scenes but I never noticed, at least not until we hit the iceberg.  I called for help.  The only answer was a robot that didn't know how to respond.  My chat messages were useless.  The rules of the game were changed and I no longer understood them.  Sadly, my raving fan status was reduced to third class and I was locked up like a prisoner with no escape.  The company had the nerve to ask me to rate my customer service experience at the end of a two hour long phone call that ended in disaster.  All I could say was, "I'm leaving your company."

Five to beam up.  

An employee from the competition listened to my rants and offered a solution for me and my family.  My sinking ship has turned into a starship.  Soon, a couple of members of my family will be sporting smart watches similar to the communicators/tricorders that were used in Star Trek when the show first aired in the 60's except smaller and worn on the wrist.  Stay tuned for reviews about this new out of this world solution to my challenges.  Special thanks to the customer service rep who came to my rescue.  If all goes well, I may become a raving fan of the new company servicing our cell phones, home internet, and smart watches for a reduced monthly fee.  Have a great day.

No comments: