Sunday, November 26, 2023

Interoception

 The word of the day is interoception.  This is a new word for me.  I came across it on a random Andrew Huberman interview this morning after my morning meditation.  Huberman's ideas always seem to resonate with me.  His talk on interoception may be one of the best ones I've come across.  

Huberman recommends seventeen minutes of "interocecption" daily.  The idea is to get in touch with your inner self.  It's like a self examination of what's going on inside your body.  It's a quiet time where one pays attention to internal breathing.  It's a time to attempt to reverse age related cognitive decline or at least slow it down.  The idea is to rewire your brain.  All you need to do is close your eyes for seventeen minutes a day and explore your inner mind and body.  Give it a try for 30 days and see what happens.  Have a great day.

No comments: