Thursday, November 16, 2023

When God Counter Punches

 May day job assignment is coming to a conclusion soon.  The TV in my room hasn't been touched.  Most of my meals have been solitary.  Other than a few minutes of news updates, I'm pretty much disconnected from the world.  This allows me to be in a position to appreciate the good I see around me.  Many argue this is a challenge because the world is so sick.

God's counter punches are so subtle most people can't see them.  The Evil One is helpless.  I'm going to share two counter punches that appear random until you consider them as one, two blows to the head of our adversary.  

The first counter punch was landed by a retired pastor who stopped by one of our tents to sign up.  I peeked into his car and asked what book he was reading.  It was worn with tattered pages.  When he shared it was a Bible I asked him to share how it impacted his life.  Before he left, I asked him to pray for our team and ask God to bless our work.  Almost immediately our nets were filled to capacity with new opportunities.

The second counter punch was landed yesterday morning when another pastor walked up to us to sign up his church.  I asked him to lead us in prayer since everyone on our small team is a believer.  Once again, our nets were overflowing with new opportunities.

Earlier in the week another teammate seemed skeptical about how God answers prayers because she felt our prayers aeemed rather insignificant.  I once felt the same way.  Now I pay careful attention to every prayer request no matter how small.  Most of the answered prayers have to do with fighting back when the Enemy is on the attack.  Prayer is the ultimate weapon.  Have a great day.

No comments: