Thursday, June 29, 2023

What are Your 3 Greatest Fears?

 Don't worry.  Your answer is  private.  You are the only person who will know the answer to today's question.  Be honest with yourself.  When you are done writing your answer, answer the follow-up question; what would your life be like if you could overcome these three fears?  Write this answer down.  I will share my number one fear with you at the end of the story.

There are two things that motivate you to take action, hope for gain and fear of loss.  The greatest of these is fear of loss.  It's possible that this fear of loss is related in some way to your three greatest fears.  Here's what I mean in a similar question:  What would your life be like if you died without conquering your top three fears?  Ouch.  That hurts, doesn't it?  This question is like getting stabbed in the back.  If that ignites a fire within that means I've done my job for today.

I don't want to leave you hanging today so I'm going to offer my two cents about top fears, like fear of dying.  This isn't on my list because I'm one of those people who believes we live forever and that dying is simply a necessary step to enter eternal life.  What about the fear of getting sick or losing your mind?  That's legitimate.  This isn't on my list because, in my opinion, most illnesses in our world today are preventable and I'm going out of my way to take action in order to prevent poor metabolic health.

When I wore a younger man's clothes I was one of those people who had a fear of failure.  It crippled me into inaction.  I changed my attitude towards this type of fear and the fear dissipated. I now see failure as a necessary step in the learning process.  The greater the frequency and quantity of my mistakes, the quicker I learn valuable lessons.

It's time to get personal and vulnerable with you.  My greatest fear is reaching judgment day,  looking into Jesus's eyes and seeing his disappointment with my assigned tasks on earth.  The only way I can overcome this is to take daily action and do the things I perceive to be on God's to do list.  Similar to the honey do list, I take great comfort in accomplishing my daily tasks.  There is nothing on this earth that I believe to be a stronger threat or fear than my own personal failure to accomplish God's to do list before I reach my body's expiration date.  Have a great day.

No comments: