Sunday, June 18, 2023

Part II of Today's Message: Heaven Answers Dear Dad Letter

Make sure you read my "Dear Dad" letter from this morning before this bonus story.

My wife and I prepared for our morning worship after I released my "Dear Dad" letter.  We talked about how my dad might respond through nature.  My wife was visited by two colorful humming birds on Mother's Day and disappeared never to be seen again for the rest of the season.  My wife instantly knew it was a heavenly sign because her mom had a humming bird feeder outside her home and loved spending time gazing upon them while going through her cancer treatments.  My wife asked how my dad might reach out on Father's Day from Heaven.

The response came at exactly 10:28 AM, two minutes before I was to stand up in front of the congregation and lead our prayer for our parish.  My wife lit four candles.  Not the small ones but the four big ones at the top of the arrangement.  I came out to join her after spending a few minutes preparing for my lector duties.  She told me the fourth candle could be for my intentions which I offered to my dad.  The flames from the match were overwhelming and my wife had to let go of it in order to keep from being burned.  I asked if I should try to fish it out of the glass container but she told me it would burn out on its own.  We sat down and waited for our pastor to come out for our 10:30 service.  

The flames got bigger.  My wife whispered, "This is just like the candles at your uncle Tom's funeral service.  Look at the flame!"  I immediately thought about dad's barbecues.  He was known for spectacular flames.  Maybe that's why his brother, Jim, often complained about the burgers being burnt.  Then, Boom!!! The glass exploded and shattered glass shot across the carpeted floor.  Our pastor came out and tried to pick up the broken glass but he burned his fingers.  We collected the shards of glass and began our worship.  I was 100% assured that dad got my letter this morning and responded quicker than a Jimmy John's delivery driver.  Amen!  Have a great day.

No comments: