Saturday, June 3, 2023

In Search of

If you could identify the three top topics you would love to have answers to, what would your list look like? Think about your list before we go any deeper today and then we can compare notes.  Write your questions down and set them off to the side.

Now, think back to a time in your life when questions flowed out of you like there was no tomorrow.  Remember when you were a kid and you bombarded mom and dad with questions.  Maybe you searched on your own for answers.  Perhaps at some point in your life you stopped asking these questions.  Life is like that sometimes.  You get busy.  There are children to raise.  Bills to pay.  There are life events that seem to consume our time and our energy.  So, we simply put those questions off to the side.  We stop asking.  

My hope is that if you ever read my books you find yourself asking questions again.  I'm the first to admit I don't have all the answers.  I have theories.  I conduct experiments.  I search.  There are three main areas I seem to be spending my time exploring in my next book, "Live Long and Prosper."  They are broken down into 3 F's – Food, Finances, and Faith.  I will never have all the answers to these subjects.  Maybe that's why it's so difficult for me to publish.  Perhaps I need to change my thinking.  Maybe it's okay to share my stories with you as a starting point for you to embark on your own "In Search of."  What I do know is that questions are good.  Questions spark debate.  Questions help us seek the truth.  That's the end of my rant for today.  It's time to shower and head off to my day job.  Have a great day.

No comments: