Saturday, June 10, 2023

Nature's Alarm Clock

Some may argue my unconventional alarm may be risky.  I agree.  It's risky to go to bed without setting an alarm clock.  There are rare times when I still go back to my old ways, like when my sleep schedule is rearranged or I need to be up extra early to catch a flight.  Otherwise, I rely on birds and sunlight.    Sure, there's no sun at 4:00 am but my body does sense small increases in light.  Also, the birds are wide awake by 4am.  

The secret to waking up without a traditional alarm clock is to train your body to go to sleep 8 hours before you plan to wake up.  Keep this consistent.  Sometimes, the success or failure of your day can come down to the quality and quantity of your sleep the night before.  Quality sleep influences your mood.  Wake up happy and you're on your way.  Have a great day.

No comments: