Sunday, April 9, 2023

The Guest Room is Empty

 I got the call early this morning.  Mom is back in the Valley of the Sun.  The guest room she occupied for thirty days in now empty.  It reminds me of the empty tomb.  Followers of Jesus discovered it was empty early in the morning on the first Easter Sunday.  

I would like to thank my friends and teammates for welcoming my mother into their lives.  She really enjoyed her time in Iowa.  Now it's time for her to reunite with my five siblings.  My wife and I are headed to our house of worship to celebrate the Resurrection.  This is the most important day in human history.  Thank God that tomb is empty.  While our guest room may be empty today, we are filled with joy from all the memories created while mom visited.  Happy Easter!  Have a great day.

No comments: