Monday, April 17, 2023

Are Houses of Worship God Made or Man Made?

If you don't regularly visit your house of worship you may not believe in organized religion.  I know people who tell me they worship by spending time in nature.  Or, they quit worshiping because they got "turned off" by the leaders.  I'm the first to admit these places are filled with sinners.  As long as I'm welcome in my house of worship I'm part of the problem because I often fall short despite my best efforts.

In my opinion, part of the problem is we don't really know the story behind our houses of worship.  Sure, there's all kinds of dissension and infighting.  Every time someone disagrees with an interpretation, there goes another splinter.  I don't even have a clue how many different houses of worship there are today because the list seems to be growing exponentially.

The question of the day is, "Are houses of worship God made or Man made?"  If you think on this question and dig deep, you may find the answer.  I finally committed to completed a study of the Bible from cover to cover last year.  It's probably my most significant accomplishment in my life.  A close second is my current study called catechism in a year (CIY).  Although I'm only on day 107 today, I'm figuring out the difference between God made worship and man made.  The Creation story is a love story.  It's an amazing journey of God's quest to bring us home after our fall.  If Jesus is the center of your house of worship, I have a feeling you already know what God made religion is all about.  If you haven't found Jesus yet, don't worry.  He will find you.  Have a great day. 

No comments: