Saturday, April 15, 2023

Man Made vs. God Made

 While mankind has made significant advances in recent history, there is one thing man will never be able to do, make something out of nothing.  That is what separates us from our Creator.  There is something else to consider about God and man.  God is perfect, man is broken.  Perhaps that's why so many of our attempts at solving problems come up short.  Something happened at my day job yesterday that inspired me to think about man made vs. God made.  The building we work in at our day job has no sky lights because it was originally constructed as a warehouse.  All other buildings across the country employ natural lighting while we rely 100% on man-made lighting.  One of my teammates visited our onsite optometrist for persistent migraines.  Her doctor asked his patient to chat with me because I reported a migraine that was so bad it caused my vision to blur.  Others were also complaining of migraines that occur most often while inside our building.  

I don't really know for sure what's causing so many of my teammates to get migraines but I suspect the man-made lights are inferior to God's natural sunlight.  I do my best to get outside every minute of my breaks and this habit is definitely helping me to feel better.  I'm also avoiding man-made foods that I believe cause harm to my body.  Instead, I consume foods with no labels because they are God-made and contain nothing artificial.

If you were to make a list of all the man-made items in your life, how big would this list be?  Consider what you eat.  Are there additives?  Processed foods? Artificial ingredients?  What about prescription medicine?  Are you taking pills to cover up all the symptoms from man-made foods?  What about the ground you walk on?  Is it natural grass or concrete?  Consider going outside and taking your shoes off so you can plant your feet in the grass and see if this helps you feel better.  Have a great day.

No comments: