Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Humble Pie Served Daily During Family Scrabble

 There is only one kind of pie I'm eating these days – humble pie, compliments of my mother and my wife.  No matter how hard I try I find myself in last place every time I play Scrabble.  These two are relentless.  My time for a comeback is limited since mom returns to the Valley of the Sun in three days.  All I can say is, win or lose, there is nothing better than family time.  My sisters claim the same thing happens when they play cards with mom.  Don't let her toothpaste commercial smile suck you in or her kind personality.  Deep within her is a killer instinct that will disarm you in a heartbeat.  Today is a day off for more family time.  The humble pie is already in the oven.  Wish me luck.  Have a great day.

No comments: