Saturday, April 1, 2023

Neighbor Makes Harrowing Escape from Williamsburg Tornado

 



I'm leaving my neighbors name out of the story for privacy reasons.  Those of you on Facebook already know about the neighbor across the street who lost his trampoline when the tornadic winds passed through our hometown yesterday.  My wife walked outside to see our shed was missing.  We found it a couple of houses away by following the trail... our lawn mower, our snow blower, a shovel, and a gas can.  Unfortunately, the shed was in pieces. My mom is visiting from the Valley of the Sun and she was in the closet downstairs most of the time.

We walked outside and discovered another neighbor who ventured outside during the storm and got locked out when her garage door locked shut from the gusty wind.  We talked with the neighbor who lost his trampoline and he shared a video he shot from his bedroom window.  The first picture above is from a friend who was at my day job when the tornado narrowly missed our building.  The second photo is from our backyard moments before we lost our shed.  All I can say is it was a close call.  We are thankful everyone survived.  Check out my neighbors video below to see our neighbor escaping the path of the tornado.  Scary stuff.  Have a great day.



No comments: