Wednesday, April 19, 2023

How I Found My Writing Inspiration

 Think back in time to the exact moment you found your inspiration.  Perhaps it was the first time you touched a piano keyboard.  Maybe it was the first time you swung a tennis racquet.  How did you feel at the moment?  My writing "moment" was slightly different because I already had a preconception in my mind that writing was some kind of a time waster that took me away from important tasks, like earning a decent living.  I had to confront this false idea when I was locked in a room for a long weekend with my wife on a marriage retreat.  I could feel this tension inside my body when I was hand writing a series of love letters to my wife.  The one that got me was writing about my feelings should I be dead and this was going to be my final statement.  The shock was so bad that I mistakenly believed that vomiting was a stomach flu.  It wasn't. It was something much more profound.  When the retreat ended, my wife and I continued to hand write love letters, 2,500 each over a span of many years.  I found my passion.  Next month will be 5,000 days of continuous blogging.  More books are in the pipeline.  I can't stop.

There are currently two people who are directly involved in my caveman food experiments.  They are keeping their own food journals and doing daily weigh-ins.  The rest of the world will learn what these and others are trying.  None of this would have happened had I not discovered my passion for writing.  Deep down inside I believe I can make the world better by sharing my lessons.  I also believe this passion comes from outside this world.  These stories are seeds.  My hope is that some of these seeds will be planted in fertile soil and that something good will sprout.  Stay tuned.  Have a great day.

No comments: